APD Ltd design, manufacture, integrate and install industrial automation and process control systems for use in industries such as nuclear, oil and gas, food and beverage, automotive, pharmaceutical and renewable. APD Ltd is based in Annan and has a satellite office in Aberdeen. The Annan site consists of two workshops and departmental offices and Aberdeen has one workshop and office respectively.
We recognise the need to manage our impact on the environment. We are committed to ensure that the environmental impacts of our activities are minimised and in order to do this we will:-
- Ensure that employees work in a manner that protects the environment. We will continue to raise the awareness of all our employees on their responsibility to, and effects of, their actions on the environment by training and discussion.
- Implement environmental requirements into our operations so that pollution is prevented. We are committed to continual environmental improvement in all areas of potential environmental impact through improved procedures and operations.
- Comply with all relevant legal, statutory and regulatory requirements associated with our activities.
- Undertake environmental audits of our facilities to identify our environmental strengths and weaknesses and identify actions to improve our environmental performance.
In particular we intend to reduce our environmental impact by implementing the following improvements:-
- Further reduce the consumption of energy and other natural resources and maximise the efficiency with which they are used, especially with regard to heating and transportation.
- Improve and encourage use of our recycling programme initiative for paper, packaging, metal cans and plastics waste.
To achieve these goals we operate a management system to instruct, control and monitor the Company’s operations in order to achieve our environmental objectives complying with the requirements of ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems.